1. Score the entire cut, Plunging the bar 1" (2.5cm) into the concrete
2. Plunge the saw all the way into the cut, starting on the bottom first. Use the same technique to finish the remaining three sides, ending with the top.
. The AC Unit is installed with less than 1/4" gap on all sides., with perfectly square corners, a clean finish, and no chance for leaks.
IMPORTANT - concrete weighs as much as 150 lbs per cubic foot. Pay attention when removing cores larger than 1' square in diameter. When working from elevated location, it may be necessary to strap core when cutting to avoid losing core prematurely.
Ring Saw Method - 20 minutes* (*not including required finish work)
1. Score the cut the entire opening (note that dust is created until the blade is more than 4 inches into the cut on horizontal cuts)
2. Step cut the bottom
3. Next, step cut the sides
4. Finally, step cut the top
5. The final opening shows the overcuts that are required when using a ring saw to create openings of less than 14".